By G. P. Frets
Read or Download Alcohol and the Other Germ Poisons PDF
Similar nonfiction_11 books
Theoretical and technical difficulties of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) in mining are lined during this quantity. EMC is mentioned in 3 major teams of difficulties: assets (generation) of interference, propagation of interference in mining stipulations, and the impression of interferences on mining units, really digital units utilized in deep coal mines.
Analytical tools for insecticides and Plant development Regulators, quantity XII: High-Performance Liquid Chromatography of insecticides covers the real info at the research of insecticides via high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The publication discusses the fuel chromatography of insecticides, prepared in line with styles of pesticide use (procedures for pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and plant development regulators, and rodenticides).
Cellular info SystemsEdited through Elaine Lawrence, Barbara Pernici, John KrogstieMobility is likely to be crucial industry and technological development inside of details and conversation expertise. With the arrival of recent cellular infrastructures supplying better bandwidth and relentless connection to the community from almost in all places, the best way humans use details assets is anticipated to be substantially reworked.
Shoulder Arthroscopy – rules and perform is a accomplished and completely updated paintings overlaying all significant shoulder difficulties and comparable arthroscopic remedies. sections on uncomplicated technology and ideas of shoulder arthroscopy will supply crucial info to construct basic wisdom on shoulder arthroscopy matters.
- Kinetics of Metal Ion Adsorption from Aqueous Solutions: Models, Algorithms, and Applications
- Transforming Proteins of DNA Tumor Viruses
- Effects of Nicotine on Biological Systems
- Atomic and Molecular Properties
Additional resources for Alcohol and the Other Germ Poisons
3. Feeblemindedness, Imbecility and Idiocy As in the aetiology of epilepsy alcoholism of parents has an important part, as it also has for feeblemindedness. e. 75 %; drunkenness of father at conception is reported 57 times. J. VoiSIN ( 1897) reports that alcoholism appears most frequently in the statistics of idiocy and that drunkenness also causes idiocy in the descendants. EcHEVERRIA ( 1881 p. 491) observes that of idiocy the direct cause is parental alcoholism in contrast with epilepsy and other nervous disorders, which would appear together with alcoholism alternately in the families of alcoholics.
PoLISCH ( 1927a) finds among 60 chronic alcoholics (not clelirium tremens) 64 % with abnormal dispositions. PouscH does not mean cases where psychosis arose later, but psychopaths (epileptoid-irritable, over-sensitive, epilepsy, unbalanced). PouscH thinks that such psychopathical deficiency and not a psychotical disposition is the basis of chronic alcoholism (contra STÖCKER). Therefore chronic alcoholics are not latent sufferers from clementia praecox. Of various nervous diseases, hereditary transmission through alcoholism of the parents is named.
The results of the investigations by GuscHMER (1916) pupil of RüDIN, in which he found among parents of 54 epileptics 16 times alcoholism, herewith correspond. He found only seven times alcoholism among the 90 fathers of the cousins. SNELL is uncertain either of the significance of alcoholic heredity as a germ injury or that for instance a hereditary influence at one time produces epilepsy and another time intemperance. The information given by SNELL on the basis of investigations of W AUSCHKUHN made at the genealogical section of the Research Institution at Münich ,that chronic alcoholics have not always epileptic children is noteworthy (see also RümN page 35).
Alcohol and the Other Germ Poisons by G. P. Frets