By Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura
Complex membranes-from basics and membrane chemistry to production and purposes
A hands-on reference for working towards pros, complex Membrane expertise and functions covers the elemental rules and theories of separation and purification through membranes, the real membrane approaches and structures, and significant business purposes. It is going a ways past the fundamentals to handle the formula and business manufacture of membranes and purposes.
This functional advisor:
- comprises assurance of all of the significant sorts of membranes: ultrafiltration; microfiltration; nanofiltration; opposite osmosis (including the new high-flux and low-pressure membranes and anti-fouling membranes); membranes for gasoline separations; and membranes for gas phone makes use of
- Addresses six significant subject matters: membranes and functions in water and wastewater; membranes for biotechnology and chemical/biomedical purposes; gasoline separations; membrane contractors and reactors; environmental and effort functions; and membrane fabrics and characterization
- contains discussions of vital strategic concerns and the way forward for membrane know-how
With chapters contributed through best specialists of their particular components and a realistic concentration, this can be the definitive reference for execs in commercial production and separations and examine and improvement; practitioners within the manufacture and functions of membranes; scientists in water remedy, pharmaceutical, nutrition, and gas telephone processing industries; strategy engineers; and others. it's also a good source for researchers in and academia and graduate scholars taking classes in separations and membranes and comparable fields.
Read or Download Advanced membrane technology and applications PDF
Best chemical engineering books
Completely revised and up to date during this moment version, The Engineering of Chemical Reactions focuses explicitly on constructing the talents essential to layout a chemical reactor for any software, together with chemical construction, fabrics processing, and environmental modeling. This version additionally gains new chapters on organic and environmental response engineering that supply an exhilarating creation to those more and more very important components of modern-day chemical engineering industry.
Quantity of a five-volume guide that offers a accomplished evaluate of all very important facets of recent drying know-how, featuring high-level, state-of-the-art effects. quantity 2 includes glossy experimental ideas similar to magnetic resonance imaging for size and visualisation of moisture profiles within the inside of porous our bodies in the course of drying, Raman spectroscopy for size of focus profiles throughout the drying of skinny films/coatings and analytical tools for size of drying kinetics.
The best way to successfully interpret, decide on and optimize reactors for advanced reactive structures, utilizing possible zone concept -Teaches how one can successfully interpret, decide upon and optimize reactors for complicated reactive structures, utilizing possible zone (AR) thought -Written through co-founders and skilled practitioners of the idea -Covers either the basics of AR concept for readers new to the sphere, as all of us as complicated AR subject matters for extra complex practitioners for realizing and enhancing lifelike reactor platforms -Includes over two hundred illustrations and 70 labored examples explaining how AR conception might be utilized to advanced reactor networks, making it excellent for teachers and self-study -Interactive software program instruments and examples written for the publication aid to illustrate the thoughts and inspire exploration of the tips.
This remedy of strategy analytical know-how, by way of a wonderful array of specialists, chronicles over 50 years of technique analyzer improvement - from its starting place within the learn laboratory at Ludwigshafen within the overdue 1930's to a dynamic around the globe expertise within the early Nineteen Nineties. providing a few conception and many real-world, hands-on event, this publication is designed for box analyzer technicians, newly graduated engineers-in-training, and a professional brands software group of workers.
- LNG Fire Protection and Emergency Response
- Gas Phase Ion Chemistry. Volume 2
- Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design Fundamentals - Rawlings
- Advanced Process Control: Beyond Single Loop Control
Extra resources for Advanced membrane technology and applications
3. 5, it operates continuously at 99% capacity. It is important to note that the membrane has not been replaced at all in the 5 years since the plant went into operation. 11. 3 Plant Specification of Jeddah 1 RO Plants Feed TDS Feed temperature Feed pressure Recovery 43,300 mg/L (Open-Sea Intake) 24 –348C 57 –64 bars 35% the entire period. As is evident from the diagram, all 10 systems at the plant were in virtually continuous operation. 11. , 1999a). Differential Pressure One advantage of ICI is the importance of preventing biofouling.
The RO plant using the module that Loeb and others developed worked in 1965 (McCutchan and Johnson, 1970). A hollow-fiber-type module was developed and a fundamental patent was filed by Dow Chemical in 1960. An RO module using the cellulose triacetate hollow fiber is indicated there (Mahon, 1966). A significant portion of research and development at Dow Chemical was carried out based on its research contract with OSW, and the development results of the RO module for brackish water was published in 1970 and for seawater in 1974.
Soc. Sea Water Sci. Japn. 50(6), 389–395. , and Witte, J. D. (2003). Boron removal from seawater using FILMTECTM high rejection SWRO membranes. Desalination 156, 229. , Ruiz, A. , Chilon, M. , and Rico, D. P. (2001). Influence of pH in the elimination of boron by means of reverse osmosis. Desalination 140, 145. Scala, R. , Ciliberti, D. , and Berg, D. (1973). Interface condensation desalination membrane. S. Patent 3,744,642. , and Kurihara, M. (2004). Boron removal in RO seawater desalination. Desalination 167, 419.
Advanced membrane technology and applications by Norman N Li, Anthony G. Fane, W. S. Winston Ho, Takeshi Matsuura