By Tadeusz Kudra
"Presents the newest breakthroughs in thermal dehydration, drying, and dewatering. Emphasizes rising gear, cutting edge recommendations, and budget friendly recommendations for various business and agricultural purposes. bargains category and choice standards for brand new and complex drying systems."
Read or Download Advanced Drying Technologies PDF
Similar food science books
Once Dr. Stephen DeFelice coined the word nutraceutical, product and complement builders swung into motion. but one of the a variety of books on hand on nutraceuticals, there's none that systematically lists, categorizes, and analyzes nutraceutical extracts and formulations in a pharmacopoeia-like demeanour.
“When evaluating this dictionary, there's little or no pageant in any respect… a truly resource within the business, profession-al and aiding learn parts, in addition to for non-food scientists who've supervisory and administration accountability in a foodstuff zone. ” –Food & Beverage Reporter, Nov/Dec 2009“I could completely suggest this booklet to foodstuff scientists and technologists during the universities, study institutions and nutrients and pharmaceutical businesses.
Content material: nutrients emulsions : an creation / Paul Becher -- Surfactant organization buildings, microemulsions, and emulsions in meals : an summary / Stig E. Friberg and Ibrahim Kayali -- Solubilization of water and water-soluble compounds in triglycerides / Magda El-Nokaly, George Hiler, Sr. , and Joseph McGrady -- Emulsions of reversed micellar stages and aqueous dispersions of cubic stages of lipids : a few meals elements / okay.
Pineapple is the 3rd most vital tropical fruit on the earth, with construction taking place in the course of the tropics. The call for for low acid clean pineapples and its processed items is without doubt one of the quickest turning out to be markets, specially in Europe and North the United States. This e-book presents a detailed and modern insurance of data and practices within the worth chain of this renowned fruit, from creation via to intake.
- Analysis of lipid oxidation
- Apples to Cider: How to Make Cider at Home
- Technology of cheesemaking
- Meat quality : genetic and environmental factors
- Modernist Cooking Made Easy: The Whipping Siphon: Create Unique Taste Sensations By Combining Modernist Techniques With This Versatile Tool
- Quality management systems for the food industry : a guide to ISO 9001/2
Additional info for Advanced Drying Technologies
1981. , 2000; Amazouz and Benali, 2000). , yeast and bacteria) is yet a challenging task because of product degradation. The positive or negative results depend on the following main factors that result from the drying mechanism (Kudra and Strumillo, 1998): 1. 2. 3. Mechanical effect of inert particles due to wall-to-bed and particleto-particle impact, and attrition due to circulation of the bed. ). Thermal effect due to convective and contact heat transfer that depends mainly on heat transfer rate, bed hydrodynamics, properties of drying material, and dryer configuration.
Part II Selected Advanced Drying Technologies This section covers a number of relatively new but not commonly used drying techniques and technologies. Most have found commercial application for selected products in some countries. , superheated steam drying, drying of suspensions on inert particles, heat pump drying, etc. With greater awareness and industrial interest, several of these will become common technologies within the next decade or two. 1 INTRODUCTION Drying of liquid materials on inert solid carriers is a relatively new commercial technology to produce powders from solutions, suspensions, slurries, and pastes.
3. Purely convective, axial gas flow Internal heaters (tubes or coils) or external heating of the shell to improve efficiency and capacity Direct drying by air injection into the rolling bed of particles in the rotating shell via tubes connected to a central header (Yamato dryer) Flash dryer: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 4 TRENDS IN DRYING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to make definitive statements about the direction drying technologies will take in the next several decades.
Advanced Drying Technologies by Tadeusz Kudra